question

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G asked

No push notifications banner

When the iOS game is closed, our game can receive push notifications through banner, there is no badges on the game icon, even I enabled all the options in the iPhone settings. When the game (iOS) is active, I can't see the push notifications banner. Is this by design or do I miss anything?

In Game Manager, Players, Overview panel, there is a "Send push notification" button. I use it for testing.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is remote notification and is supposed to display the banner when the app is in the background. I am not an expert on iOS development, but you may do extra efforts to make the banner displaying when the app is foreground. You may refer to the thread on Stack Overflow: uikit - Displaying a stock iOS notification banner when your app is open and in the foreground? - Stack Overflow

In terms of the badges, using the button on Game Manager overview page won't have badges, you may use AdvancedPlatformDelivery, which is defined in the request of SendPushNotification API call.

I will still suggest finding Apple Developer Channel for technical support on iOS development.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.