question

cooltom2013 avatar image
cooltom2013 asked

GetMatch issue,

When making a GetMatch request from our server (hosted by playfab) with the correct queue and match ID the server is printing this to the log, https://pastebin.com/baaPaEsK

Any suggestions on a solution, could it be missing some permission or required setup to get this data?

It causes problems later on but I assume resolving the former will fix the later issue, https://pastebin.com/aNRywaj7

Matchmaking
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cooltom2013 avatar image cooltom2013 commented ·

Assuming this is all the server is running, playfab wise would it be fair to assume that I need to add somthing else, if yes an example would be great! -Many thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
cooltom2013 avatar image cooltom2013 cooltom2013 commented ·

Having issues with pictures not loading on this browser so want to be sure that the picture that I'm referencing was succsesfully uploaded!

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (59.2 KiB)
cooltom2013 avatar image
cooltom2013 answered

The problem was caused by the libcure libary not wanting to connect to a server with a self signed certificate, with UE4 its possible to turn off VerifyPeer in the editor settings to allow this connection!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks for sharing. This thread also mentioned the details of turning off VerifyPeer.

https://community.playfab.com/articles/43928/compatibility-issue-discovered-with-ue425-and-play.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please tell us does this server executable work fine in the local testing?

4 comments
10 |1200

cooltom2013 avatar image cooltom2013 commented ·

The executable, deployed correctly to the servers have not tested the getmatch function locally in localVM, just strait to a live test what are the prerequisites other than the two required strings for this function call, I'm confident the match ID and Queue name are fine!

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang cooltom2013 commented ·

Could you please tell us which Entity Token did you use to access GetMatch API? Could you please test to call the GetMatch API locally, then provide the specific error message?

0 Likes 0 ·
cooltom2013 avatar image cooltom2013 Sarah Zhang commented ·

The getmatch api is being called on the hosted server using GSDK session ID and queue name, does it need an entity token? How would a backend server have a token? Also I think its a libcure related issue with failed permissions certificates?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.