question

dazai avatar image
dazai asked

Unity hang/freeze or not responding after logout playfab call.

summary/details:

for example I have 4 scenes
- loadingscreen scene
- main/home scene
- gameplay scene

goal is to logout account while in main/home or gameplay then load loadingscreen then proceed to login scene.

scenario#1 ~ logging out from main/home is working as fine (main/home>loadingscreen>login)

scenarion#2 ~ but this is where the issue begin, if I logout while in gameplay scene, it should be (gameplay>loadingscreen(**HANG/FREEZE**)>login)
the unity or the scene is not continuing to do the scripts or the game stopped functioning rather.

I also tried logging out from gameplay>login scene directly but still the issue is still the same.

add ons infromation:
- I did debug logs to check if the script is fine, it was fine and no errors and the debug logs shows to prove itwas loaded from that line or function.

sorry I can't post the actual code. I can do other way or sample if needed. Thanks in advance everyone~

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dazai avatar image dazai commented ·

I would like to call attention of moderators to delete this thread. I discovered that even directly sceneload to login scene causes same problem even without forgetcredentials() , maybe the problem has to do with my structure. thanks and sorry for this. i will invistigate this more..

0 Likes 0 ·
dazai avatar image
dazai answered

the problem is fixed now. It's confirmed that it is an internal error , not playfab related. I'm sorry and thank you still to all. **THREAD CLOSE**

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab doesn’t provide the log out API, do you mean you called the local method ForgetAllCredentials()? If so, the method ForgetAllCredentials() is a simple function which only would set some data to null as the following code showed.

public void ForgetAllCredentials()
        {
#if !DISABLE_PLAYFABCLIENT_API
            PlayFabId = null;
            ClientSessionTicket = null;
#endif
#if !DISABLE_PLAYFABENTITY_API
            EntityToken = null;
            EntityId = null;
            EntityType = null;
#endif
        }
    }

Typically, this function won’t cause the block. Could you please provide the key code snippet and the detailed error messages for us to analyze? Please notice to hide the private information.

1 comment
10 |1200

dazai avatar image dazai commented ·

yes , thanks for the correction. its the forgetallcredentials ...will try this and give an update soonest. best regards!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.