question

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria asked

All API calls through Postman Failing

For some reason, all my requests going through Postman are failing and have been for a few days. I double checked the secret and the title data (which were both working up until last week).

Does there seem to be any problem here?

- Ricardo

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's no reason I know of from the service side. I make calls all day with Postman - it's one of my favorite tools. And your title (3D4F) is fine, as I tried a few calls to it myself. Can you try this from another machine? If you get the same results, can you get a Wireshark or Netmon capture of the attempt?

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michal Töpfer avatar image Michal Töpfer commented ·

I have the same problem with the new Postman for Windows app, but the Chrome app works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Michal Töpfer commented ·

Any chance you could get us a Wireshark or Netmon capture?

0 Likes 0 ·
Michal Töpfer avatar image Michal Töpfer brendan commented ·

I have no idea how to do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Ricardo Chavarria avatar image Ricardo Chavarria Michal Töpfer commented ·

Just tested this and I can confirm the same happens to me. Works on Postman Chrome, but not on Postman Desktop.

I'll get a capture tonight and let you know.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Unfortunately, the capture we received didn't really shed any light on this. Given that in all cases, the calls to the PlayFab service work fine in Postman Chrome, the issue appears to be specific to the Postman packaged apps. In that case, I would have to recommend working with Postmanlabs to attempt to debug the issue with their app. There's actually a fairly extensive thread on this very topic here: https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/712.

I'd recommend enabling their developer tools (http://blog.getpostman.com/2014/01/27/enabling-chrome-developer-tools-inside-postman/) and reviewing the output from the Collection Runner, as described in this post: https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/712#issuecomment-54583738.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ricardo Chavarria avatar image Ricardo Chavarria brendan commented ·

Could this be related requests needing to be/being Gzipped?

In the Postman dev console I'm getting

Error:incorrect header check

A few searches have yielded results dealing with Gzip being the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michal Töpfer avatar image Michal Töpfer brendan commented ·

It seems to work fine in Postman for Windows 4.7.1.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.