question

bda2206@gmail.com avatar image
bda2206@gmail.com asked

playfab + phonegap + ionic in ripple emulator

Hi,

using phonegap, ionic and ripple emulator in chrome.

making a call to the server 

PlayFabClientSDK.settings.title_id  = "FDB6";

var req = {};
req.TitleId = $scope.playfabTitleID;
req.UserName = $scope.username;
req.Email = $scope.email;
req.Password = $scope.password;

PlayFabClientSDK.RegisterPlayFabUser(req,$scope.createAccountCallback());

give the error:

http://localhost:4400/ripple/xhr_proxy?tinyhippos_apikey=ABC&tinyhippos_rurl=https%3A//FDB6.playfabapi.com/Client/RegisterPlayFabUser net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

is this cross domain security? can I get around it?

thanks in advance

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sincere apologies for the delay on this response - there was an issue with notifications on the General Discussion board which prevented us seeing that we had new posts for a little while. We've updated to ensure this won't happen in future.

When using the ripple emulator in Chrome, you need to disable cross domain proxies. You'll find this is the drop down for the emulator. Let us know if you're still seeing issues once that's taken care of.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bda2206@gmail.com avatar image
bda2206@gmail.com answered

I'm using the newer ripple emulator, and the cross domain proxy is stuck on local. I gave up trying to figure it out and changed platform to xamarin. I have new.. different.. questions.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Alrighty - fire away. :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.