question

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G asked

Leaderboard minimum rank

In the following best time leaderboard, I choose Minimum (always use the lowest value) as Aggregation method.

Then the minimum should be rank 0, right? Why the maximum is the rank 0?

I tried to edit the leaderboard and play around the other Aggregation method options, it doesn't change anything. Did I miss anything?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The minimum aggregation method doesn’t mean the position is sorted in ascending order and in fact, it only determines the value changing behavior of a player. The minimum aggregation will only allow player’s to update their statistics with a lower value. You may consider it as the time of finishing a race game.

However, the leaderboard doesn’t support sorting in ascending order. You may either vote in this Feature Request Add the ability to return a leaderboard in ascending order instead of descending. - Playfab Community. For most of the developers, they will simply use the number’s negative opposite for ranking at the leaderboard.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

innov1honda1makerace avatar image innov1honda1makerace commented ·

How to they use the number's negative opposite?

0 Likes 0 ·
Saeed Sarvi avatar image
Saeed Sarvi answered

The top feature request is from 2017, almost 4 years old and the order by descending has been brought up since 5 or so years ago.

If PlayFab is good enough for you as it is then great,.. if not, then don't hold your breath, you're better off finding another service.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.