question

Andy Piro avatar image
Andy Piro asked

Studio admin users can't add new users

Studio accounts that have admin permissions don't seem to be able to add new users to our studio. I'm not 100% sure I'm looking in the right place because the UI is so odd, but for one of our admin accounts on the page https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/my-games the dark grey bar with our studio name has a 3 dot menu on the far right where I have a UI that I don't see anywhere else on the site, one of those elements is "Users" where I can add new studio users.

One of our admin accounts has access to this UI/ pages. None of our other admin accounts do. Can you tell us why?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy Piro avatar image
Andy Piro answered

I figured out my own question. Apparently the admin role has nothing to do with being a studio admin. To be a studio admin you have to go into the hard to find 3 dot menu, see the user list, select a user and there is a checkbox called "Make user an admin on this studio" which you have to check. Admin roles are title specific.

The UI on this is pretty confusing.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.