question

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G asked

How to change iOS Push Notifications PEM file

I have two iOS Certificates for push notification: one is for production, the other is for development. I create two .pem accordingly, and upload production .pem successfully in Game Manager.

But all the push notifications are failed. In Game Manager, the error message is

"iOS Push Notification Failed: Client has been unregistered for push notifications."

I find Xcode still use development certificate, so I want to upload the other development .pem file in the title settings. It fails:

"Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists"

So how to change iOS Push Notifications PEM file in the title settings, or is there anything I did wrong?

Push Notifications
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ethan K. G avatar image Ethan K. G commented ·

BTW, I tried "Remove", it doesn't work it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

May I know your title id? And, the error “Invalid parameter: Name Reason:…” generally indicates the name of your title (the name in the Game Manager) is the same as that of another title already in AWS SNS. In your case, I guess it result from the Push Notifications configuration you set previously. May I know are there any errors displayed when you click “Remove”, if so, may I know the details?

As a workaround for now, you can try using the Admin SetupPushNotification API to manually set up Push and use a different application name you specify, the request looks like the one post in this answer:https://community.playfab.com/answers/39918/view.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G answered

Title ID: 78C39

There is no error when I click "Remove".

10 |1200

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G answered

Change title name (no space), I can upload another .pem file now.

10 |1200

Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G answered

BTW, when the game (iOS) is active I can't see the push notifications banner; when game is closed I can receive the push notifications banner, and there is no badges on the game icon, even I enabled all of them. Is this by design or do I miss anything? @Citrus Yan

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

May I know how did you send the Push Notification request, could you please share a sample request body?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ethan K. G avatar image
Ethan K. G answered
@Citrus Yan

I didn't write any code to send nitification. In Game Manager, Players, Overview panel, there is a "Send push notification" button.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.