question

Paul Boutros avatar image
Paul Boutros asked

Azure function with Playfab

Hey,

I went successfully through the Azure function tutorial, created then called my first azure function and it works all fine. But later I wanted to change the function to something that suit my project I realize I could not add the "using Playfab" directive. That is the part I don't understand with visual studio. Beside, an Azure function is part of a different project (an Azure function app). So How do I connect that with my main project?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Have you install the PlayFabAllSDK? If not, please follow this document: PlayFab CloudScript Context, Variables and Server SDKs to install the required SDK. If you have installed it and still cannot add the "using Playfab" directive, please let us know.

To connect the Azure Function with your main project, you could go to [Game Manager]->[Your Title]->[Automation]->[Cloud Script]->[Functions(Preview)] and register the function there, please refer to: Create an Azure Function

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Boutros avatar image Paul Boutros commented ·

Hey Junjin, I indeed did not installed the SDK for Visual studio, I did it for unity of course that is why I got confused. I will do that as soon as I get back to it. I will post if I have other problems but for now, the documentation you provided should be plenty! Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.