question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

About Rewarded Ads?

Hello everyone,

I check the the rewarded ads feature, but I couldn't find what I want so far or maybe I'm missing things.

1) I want the players to be able to watch an rewarded ad every 15 minutes. In PlayFab, the minimum is the hourly option. I don't know how the system works, but if I limit it to 4 with "Hourly" options, does it make claiming rewards every 15 minutes? If not, is there a way to do it?

2) If the first question is possible with the rewarded ads system, can I get the remaining time for the next rewarded ad? I want to make a countdown in the game to show how long the player should wait to watch the next rewarded ad. After watching an ad, I can setup a timer locally, however, when the player quits and launches the game again, the timer will be gone. Is there a way to get the time span?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. No, PlayFab doesn’t support it. This can be completely configured as client behavior and you may code to restrict the players’ behavior to receive rewards. The limits configured on PlayFab will be the fail-safe to prevent the malicious usage.
  2. When the client calls GetAdPlacements, the callback result will contain the remaining uses and the countdown in the property, for example:
"PlacementViewsRemaining":2,
"PlacementViewsResetMinutes":55.75633019833333

Then, it depends on your client to perform the comedown.

Ad rewards usually are used to benefit developers, I don’t think you may add very specific restrictions to players and shouldn’t worry about them “quit and launch the game again”. As long as the rewards to the player is reasonable and under control (means it won’t destroy the economy of your game), setting up an overall limit on PlayFab will handle most of the cases.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.