question

Steve C avatar image
Steve C asked

Containers & Bundles - Logic

I would like to know whether it is possible to have a container/bundle run some logic.

The player can buy a "chest" - The chest is instantly opened and returns some items from multiple Drops Tables. All of these items are stackable.

Each item has a Tier which has a max.

I want to know when a player purchases a chest which opens a container/bundle whether somewhere we can identify that the player already has Item1 at Tier7 so don't give it to them and remove it from the Drop Table.

Essentially Chests are purchased with an in game currency which is purchasable with real world monies. So we don't want the player being given a random item they can no longer upgrade.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

>>we can identify that the player already has Item1 at Tier7 so don't give it to them and remove it from the Drop Table

It is not supported as any commerce objects should be predefined in the Game Manager. You may implement this feature it via your own customized Cloud Script/Azure function. Otherwise, you may provide a trade feature in your game to allow players to trade the tier7 items with other tier items.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve C avatar image Steve C commented ·

Thank you. This is a shame, adding a trade system right now on our journey would not be ideal however I think I will take your advice and roll with a CloufScript option which handled the generation and selection of items the user can "drop" from a "chest". We already have this code in part as before PF everything was functioning locally so I will refactor this into a CS. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.