question

miltos avatar image
miltos asked

Unity stripping doesn't work on "Low" setting

In our solution we have the PlayFabAllSDK.dll in the assets folder, yet when building for Android, Playfab will crash (Plafab.Json.PocoJsonSerializerStrategy.DeserializeObject).

We tried adding a linker.xml file but without success (or we didn't fill in the linker file properly).

Any tips?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask how do you implement PlayFab SDK? Have you imported Unity specific SDK according to the Unity3D quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs? I cannot reproduce this issue in my testing project.

0 Likes 0 ·
miltos avatar image
miltos answered

Hi @SethDu thank you for your reply!

We managed to solve this issue by including the following linker file:

<linker>
<assembly fullname="PlayFabAllSDK">
    <type fullname="*" preserve="all"/>
</assembly>
</linker>

We have a custom C# solution, so the DLL was added in Unity without the Unity SDK package that you provide. It all works wonders now!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

esenkleiter avatar image
esenkleiter answered

Can you be more specific for where you added the linker file? Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

miltos avatar image miltos commented ·

Hi @esenkleiter, anywhere inside the "Assets" folder works

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.