question

yusuke avatar image
yusuke asked

Overwrite title data

Currently, UE4 can manage player data using SDK. The title data is also read properly, and in-game information can now be operated from Playfab.

So now I'm trying to sell a limited number of items in the game. It's a value common to everyone who plays the game. For example, items that can be purchased by the first 100 players.

I would like to set the remaining number of the item in the title data and reduce the value by 1 when each client purchases the item.

Is this possible?

And if you can't, is there any good way?

Please help me.

Thank you.

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Title Data is not designed for frequently changing resources. I believe it is not suitable for your scenario.

A suggested workaround is to define the “Limited edition” for the item in Catalog. To retrieve the remaining number, you may create an Azure Function, where Admin API CheckLimitedEditionItemAvailability can be implemented, so that player will be able to call ExecuteFunction API to query.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yusuke avatar image yusuke commented ·

Thank you very much. Excuse me, but could you give me more details on how to do that in UE4? Or is there any good tutorial?

0 Likes 0 ·
yusuke avatar image yusuke commented ·
Can't you get the remaining number of items in Blueprint like this?

In this case, an error will occur if there is no secret key.

How do I use the Management API in Blueprints?

キャフチャ.png

0 Likes 0 ·
キャフチャ.png (177.6 KiB)
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ yusuke commented ·

I will suggest you to use Azure Function to call Admin API. I am not sure if you are implementing a local administrative tool for your game. Admin API will require secret key and secret key shouldn't be stored in client.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.