question

Sai Teja avatar image
Sai Teja asked

How to do matchmaking using Playfab Party

I want to matchmake among user and connect them using Playfab party. How to do that? Please explain after receiving the match id what to do to connect players using playfab party.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

If I understand it correctly, you are talking about using PlayFab Matchmaking to find a list of players to play with, and using PlayFab Party as chat and data communication solution in game, is that correct? In that case, we have such scenario example described in this doc, please take a look: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/concepts-discovery#matchmaking. The key part of this solution is the out-of-band communication medium implemented by yourself that’s responsible of sending the network descriptor and the initial invitation identifier to other matched users so that they can connect to the network created by the host user.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jaran avatar image
jaran answered

Seriously I have no clue how you guys build a networking system called "Party" and have no way of actually making a party without running our own third party servers. Unbelievable @Citrus Yan!!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.