question

laggyluk avatar image
laggyluk asked

UE4 player can't move after connecting to server

Client can connect to deployed server. I can see some values being replicated from server but client can't move nor look around.

It's like communication is one way but I guess then client shouldn't be able to connect properly?

Doesn't happen when testing on local network with 2 machines or with server run by mockVmAgent. Anybody seen something like this?

ue4 4.25.4

unrealCustom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I am not sure of your connection protocol and project implementation, since you have mentioned that it works fine in the local network, the server build logic should work fine. You may consider it as a network issue. Please check the firewall or NAT issues of your network environment on both VM and your local network.

The Multiplayer Server is based on Azure Cloud, it is also recommended to reach Azure team or other Multiplayer Server Developer community to help you diagnose this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
laggyluk avatar image
laggyluk answered

my bad, 'simpler' game mode works just fine

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.