question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

How to track user activity

hi,

I want to track user activity

For example, when a user expands the capacity of their inventory,

we want to keep track of the number of them.

In this case, is it okay to record it with a naming such as "time" in statistic?

However, since the leaderboard is also created, I don't know if it's a good way.

There is an hourly limit to write to the player data, so we want to use a different method.

In other words, the scenario When a user purchases inventory capacityfrom a client

1. Run Cloud Script> 2. server.subtractVC,server.UpdateStatistic( time +1), etc.

Is it okay to store all the actions of various users in statistic??

Or is there a good way to monitor metrics about user activity?

thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

May I know the approximate rate you'd update the statistic? And, if the rate is not very high, then yes, statistic can also be used to keep track of the activity of the player such as the capacity of their inventory in question.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

Yes, it's actually 3-4 calls in about 10 seconds. In statistic, we are trying to create many key/value pairs as keys for all user activities. Are you saying it's more suitable than a call like writeEvent for tracking purposes? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan MoonHeonYoung commented ·

3-4 calls in about 10 seconds won't be a problem when using our service, however, I'd need to remind you that this approach could potentially generate large amount of Profile Writes: Pricing Meters - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, which would generate high costs for your title. And yes, if you want to track user activities for later analytics only (players themselves don't need to access such data), then it's a good idea to use events - telemetry event is preferred, instead.

0 Likes 0 ·
MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung Citrus Yan commented ·

thanks a lot!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.