question

cooltom2013 avatar image
cooltom2013 asked

Joining teams?

Its self evident that playfab claims to support team based matchmaking only question is how I would obtain that data, thanks :)

Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/config-queues

"A queue can include team configuration to have the match service assign players to teams."

I assume that this data can be accsessed from some GSDK function once a server has been assigned, correct?

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm not sure what the data you want to obtain is. If you want to get the team info, then you can use GetMatch method. In it result, it will return a list of Users that are matched together, along with their team assignments.

If you are Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, then you can also get this in your server as MatchId is passed into the game server as SessionId. However, you will also need the QueueName to make it work. Currently, we'd suggest using different builds for different queues. Also, please feel free to vote on this idea: Pass QueueName from Matchmaking into GSDK to boost its priority.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.