question

teemosoft2 avatar image
teemosoft2 asked

​The chronic problem of Playfab (I've been using it for 2 years)

I've been using it for 2 years and have 300,000 Users.

1. No duplicate login prevention function

2. Leaderboard inaccuracy

When developing a mobile game,

users who connect to multiple devices

There is a problem that game data is overwritten.

However, PlayFab does not provide a duplicate login prevention function.

It should be unconditionally even as an option setting.

The moment the user's leaderboard ranks beyond 1000th (maybe 100th)

Users' rankings become inaccurate.

Not "This user is in exactly 00 ranks"

the server tells you that "this user is ABOUT here,"

so the rankings are different everytime.

Due to these problems,

I am using Firebase to implement duplicate login prevention function,

(It can make with playfab but too expensive for now pricing,

just make client listen event from server. then fixed!

)

Leaderboards are also using other servers.

The above problems have occurred from two years ago,

and Playfab still seems to have no intention of fixing them.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, it sounds like you don't actually have any questions, is that correct? Since this is a Q&A forum, I'd just like to make sure.

The one part above that does look like a question is around leaderboards and when they use estimates. The answer is that they are estimated past position 1,000. So up to 1,000, they are 100% accurate.

I can correct one thing you said, however: We absolutely do intend to provide solutions for each of the things you called out.

1. The new leaderboard system is planned for release in the first half of 2021.

2. The current login system was specifically designed to allow for multiple logins by a single player, so that companion device experiences would be supported. The consequence was that people who wanted to block additional logins past the first had to use a system like the one described here (https://community.playfab.com/questions/382/206721757-How-to-prevent-duplicate-login-.html). We do plan to provide a token-based login, to make this easier in future. We do not have a date for that, but it is in the backlog for prioritization as soon as the entity architecture update is completed.

Completely agreed that these have been issues far longer than we would have liked, but we have finite resources and we haven't been able to prioritize these items higher than other work. We've had a number of internal discussions on this, and we're hoping to have more resources available for some of the "technical debt" the service built up prior to the Microsoft acquisition.

In the meantime, I would highly encourage you to build any additional services you need more directly. From day one, PlayFab was designed to be a modular, whitelabel system, so that you can use the components you need and write your own where you need things we don't provide. As we roll out new services, you can then choose to move to using those if they meet your needs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

teemosoft2 avatar image teemosoft2 commented ·

I didn't know it was a forum that only posted Q&A.

I wrote this because it was the "General Discussion" tab.

The most serious problem is the leaderboard.

Of the 300,000 people ranking, only 1,000 are accurate. is it good?

"The new leaderboard system is expected to be released in the first half of 2020,"

answered last year (2019).

But it wasn't released at 2020.

I hope it will be released in the first half of 2021.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.