question

Andrei Budaes Tanaru avatar image
Andrei Budaes Tanaru asked

Why do I not see all Playstream events in events.all?

Hi All,

I am not a developer but an analyst for a game my company released and am pretty new with Playfab. After going through Playfab documentation I've noticed there are many more events that we see using Data Explorer in events.all (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/events/). Do the developers need to do something to make these events available for us to analyse (like matchmaking_match_found) or should they be automatically sent?

Kind Regards,

Andrei

dataPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Events like “matchmaking_match_found” are automatically fired when using PlayFab Matchmaking, it requires no additional work from the developers. And, any events fired by PlayFab services, including built-in ones in here or custom ones created by the developers, are automatically routed to your title’s Insights cluster - a completely managed data environment where all your game data reside. For more info, please start with this intro doc: Insights - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

The PlayFab Explorer you mentioned in question is the primary window into event data collected by your title and services, which is stored in PlayFab Insights. Apart from that, as an analyst, you might also want to use some other data and analytics tools to help you understand your data better, in that case we provide the following options: Connecting external tools with Insights - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

In the question title you asked “Why do I not see all Playstream events in events.all?”, may I know which events were missing?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.