question

Andrei Budaes Tanaru avatar image
Andrei Budaes Tanaru asked

What is the name of the data point relating to a user's session?

Hi All,

I am trying to replicate the data that Playfab is displaying in the Matchmaking/Usage tab by using Power BI / Data Explorer and the events.all table. As I understand, the master_player_account should be the Playfab Player ID for that specific game/title but cannot find the id which should represent the playfab session id. I am trying to find all events triggered by a user within a specific session and use the ticket_completed and match_found event to drill down into which platforms experience higher waiting times when waiting in the lobby for a match to be found.

Can you please support?

Kind Regards,

Andrei

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please clarify what the session Id do you mean? Is it PlayFab Multiplayer Server’s Session ID? If so, as this section said, the SessionId for the server will be equal to the MatchId for the match. You can find the MatchId field in the ticket_completed and match_found event. Then, we need to clarify that there is no concept of “lobby” in PlayFab MatchMaking. You need to calculate the time the player waits for a match based on the time difference between the creation time of the ticket and the completion time of the ticket. The CreationTime field and the CompletionTime field can be found in the Payload of the ticket_completed event. You can collect all the ticket_completed events whose Result is “Matched”, then calculate the difference of CreationTime and CompletionTime to get every ticket’s waiting time for the match.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.