question

Fabiano Shiiti Marumo avatar image
Fabiano Shiiti Marumo asked

There is a way to export the entire Catalog (Catalog items + drop tables) JSON?

Hi,

I realized that if a container and a droptable reference each other as content delivery, when I upload the Catalog/Droptable, because just one of them was created, i got an error when uploading it that the item doesn't exist.

But if I upload it manually by the JSON that we have at the Catalog tab, it works.

So my question is: I want to do an automatic process without having this dependency issue with items/droptable. Does Playfab have some support for this? Or should I upload it manually for now?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

You stated "when I upload the Catalog/Droptable, because just one of them was created, i got an error when uploading it that the item doesn't exist.", may I know how did you do that? By using our SetCatalogItems/UpdateCatalogItems APIs, or something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Fabiano Shiiti Marumo avatar image Fabiano Shiiti Marumo Citrus Yan commented ·

I used "UpdateCatalogItemsRequest" API.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I see, currently there are only two ways of uploading catalog items as discussed above. To avoid the dependency issue that a container and a droptable reference each other, personally I would suggest that you upload it manually.

Or, if you prefer doing it automatically, which would be much of a hassle: you'd need to firstly creating the shells (with no centent) of containers and drop tables so that later they are able to reference each other, after that, add contents into them.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.