question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Matchmaking queue Max people and min people

Hi, I am using PlayFab matchmaking and PlayFab server. and server allocation is enabled.

but we creating the matchmaking queue for the game, it requires min and max for the match size.

I set the match min size to be 2, and max size to be 6.

what would happend if there are 5 people looking for a match, would these 5 people all got involved in this match, or there may be a case to be just 2 of them get into the game?

if yes, then does it mean I have to set the min size to be 6 as well? to make sure there are always 6 people in a match. but finding 6 people in a match will be very time consuming?

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Our Matchmaking system is designed to work at production game scale, even one or two second can make a difference. Therefore, to make sure those 5 players get matched together, they must send the tickets almost at the same time. However, if at first there are 2 players sending tickets, and after one or two seconds, the rest of the 3 players start to send theirs, in such cases it’s likely that the first 2 players will get into a match because min size is reached. If your game requires that there are always 6 people in a match, you’d need to set min size to be 6 as well. And yes, it would be more time consuming compared to the case that Min set as 2.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.