question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How to use the Admin API to reset the password for users who sign in with username and password

Dear Team,

This issue is important for me, so I open this post to ask about it. As the question, do we have any way to reset the password for users who sign in with username and password based on the Admin API or Azure Function?

As I can see, we can reset manually in Playfab Game Manager, but I don't want to reset manually password for users.

Thank you so much for your help.

apisAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

According to your previous questions, you seem want to reset the player’s password programmatically without providing the login email address. PlayFab doesn’t support such features. Besides, only using the Username to reset the account’s password is unsafe. It’s necessary to authenticate the user who requests the password reset. So, we still suggest you add the login email to the player account.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Thank you for your answer. Could we reset the password for users who sign in with username using the contact email?

Because, in my case, parents will sign in the parent's account using the parent email or google account/ facebook account method and then they create accounts for kids using username. Kids don't have an email to add as the login email. But kids can add the parent email is the contact email.

If not, in my case, we cannot reset the password for kid's accounts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Darius Vu commented ·

If you develop the reset password web form on your own you can reset the password using the contact email.

For the clarification, if you use the reset password web page developed by PlayFab, the player would reset the password using the login email. If you develop the reset password web page on your own, the player would reset the password using the contact email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you tell me how to reset the password for users who use an username and have the contact email?

I can use Azure Function to reset password in my app, I don't use the reset password web page developed by PlayFab.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.