question

henry avatar image
henry asked

Team Leaderboards?

Hi, my game is multiplayer only so I'd like to store leaderboards by team instead of by player. Is that possible in PlayFab? Would I create a special "Player" for each team and store the results that way or would that lead to complications?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be adding a guild/clan solution later this year which will include things like guild/clan leaderboards, which I believe will solve the case you have in mind. While technically, you could create a bogus account and write stats to it, there are a few issues, there. The most basic would be that if there were simultaneous updates to that account's stats, only one of those updates is going to succeed. But in addition, bear in mind that any MAU-based pricing you have (such as our current upgrades) would be affected by this, since any API call on behalf of a given user in a month counts towards that month's total MAU.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amar avatar image Amar commented ·

@Brendan .. How can we add a team to a leaderboard in the latest version of PlayFab using the Entity Group? I see the documentation that this is possible to add Teams, People, Entity to Leaderboards v2 .. Do you have an example to show this?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Amar commented ·

The legacy statistics/leaderboard system does not support that concept. That's one reason we're working to roll out the updated stats/leaderboard service. We'll have documentation showing examples when we roll that feature out to Public Preview.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.