question

scottadams avatar image
scottadams asked

How do I setup secure WebSocket sever on Playfab multiplayer

I have a working client multiplayer game in Unity WebGL and desktop (using Unet LLAPI) that communicates to an insecure WebSocket server on PlayFab.

How do it convert this to secure websockets? What sort of cert is needed?

I saw some threads that hint at solutions but don't provide enough detail on what sort of certificate to get and how to use it etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Reverse Proxy , WildCard Certs , Webgl WebSockets

unity3dmultiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottadams avatar image scottadams commented ·

Comment removed and combined in post above

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Just using regular x509 certificate should be fine, and, to make it secure, you’d need to use the scheme “wss” instead of “ws”, that’s something you’d need to implement by yourself. Not sure which framework you’re using, here is a WebSocket server implementation in C# sample, may you find it helpful: statianzo/Fleck: C# Websocket Implementation (github.com)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Davis avatar image Matt Davis commented ·

@Citrus Yan How do we acquire a valid x509 certificate for playfab multiplayer servers?

More specifically, some platforms require the certificate to be based on specific known SSL Root Certificate Authority.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.