question

Sai Teja avatar image
Sai Teja asked

Can we customize the network id playfabParty.

Currently after pressing Create&JoinNetwork using playfab party sdk a huge networkId is generated which is difficult to share. can I enter a network Id and using that create a network room, is it possible?

Example - I enter network id as "Room" and with that network room should create and other player can join that room using that network id "Room". It will be simple.

Is there any way to do that?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

No, the network id cannot be customized. Network id in Party is a unique identifier which is generated by Party backend, not by players.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Twin Studios avatar image Twin Studios commented ·

I guess then that the usecase of "Share the code with your friends to join" is not recommended no?

0 Likes 0 ·
Twin Studios avatar image
Twin Studios answered

Is this still not possible?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.