question

jie yuan avatar image
jie yuan asked

got error: could not determine a title id for this when running the example project

the example project is in the 4.23 directory in playfab marketplace plugin which was downloaded from :

https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin, when run it , got this error. I'm not sure about the titleid. the example project is a BluePrint project which uses a node : SetPlayFabSettings

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The sample should demonstrate the usage of SDK, you may create your own title and set the title ID on your own before any API can be called.

You may either navigate [Your UE4 project] -> [Edit] -> [Project Settings] -> [Plugins] -> [PlayFab] to set up title, or create a “SetPlayFabSettings” node at the beginning of event before any other API is called.

Please feel free to tell us if you have any other question after you set up the title ID.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jie yuan avatar image jie yuan commented ·

Actuall I have set the titleid and secret key in advance so I'm confused why got this error .

0 Likes 0 ·

this is my settings:

0 Likes 0 ·
psf.png (124.1 KiB)
tid.png (9.8 KiB)

the error screen:

0 Likes 0 ·
emg.png (431.4 KiB)
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The name is customized and is used for your own display only. Title ID is a global unique Identity among all PlayFab titles, which can be seen in Studio page or [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [API Features] -> [Title ID].

You may check the yellow-marked place of your title on studio page:

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you very much! solved my problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please send a new thread for further questions, which can help us track your issues and provide more dedicated tehcnical support.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.