question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Call GetMatch On Server

I am using PlayFab Matchmaking and PlayFab server for my game.

I was unsure when calling GetMatch On server to get matched players' attributes, like the team they have been assigned, their entity ID .etc., because GetMatch does not just require MatchID (which been assigned to the server when the server got allocated called SessionID on server), but also requires QueneName as well? but how can server know the queue name? passed by clients? or does the game server has access to this QueueName just like MatchId(SessionId)?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

According to this document Matchmaking - Get Match, the GetMatch API does require the QueueName. However, currently the game server cannot get the QueueName natively.

Normally, one queue matches one server build, queues do not share the same server build. Nevertheless, if you would like to have this feature, please refer to this feature request thread and vote for it: https://community.playfab.com/idea/35010/pass-queuename-from-matchmaking-into-gsdk.html

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

So that two queues cannot pointing to the same build?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Bijian Wu commented ·

Yes, they can. But then the build cannot tell which queue activates the server. It is not recommended but it is up to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris Gkanatsios answered

Hey there, can you try this preview feature and let us know if it works for you? https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/blob/main/MatchmakeSample/matchMakingAndMps.md

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.