question

Aphix avatar image
Aphix asked

Playfab account persistence?

I asked a question similar to this one earlier, however this one faces a different challenge: if I have shared players between several of my games, will they have to make a new account each time? If so, would I have to use dynamo db or something similar to save persistent account data? @Citrus Yan clarified a way for me to have friends persist via the publisher data, however there's no point in having persistent friends if each time the player's account Id changes.

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

When a player register an account in a title, he creates a title account and a master account. The title account has the scope only within title. But the master account has the scope among titles in the same studio, the data from master account, such as PlayFabId, is shared cross titles. When the player login to another title, he creates a title account, under the same master account.

>> if I have shared players between several of my games, will they have to make a new account each time?

If your games are under the same studio, no, they don’t have to make new account, they can just login.

>> If so, would I have to use dynamo db or something similar to save persistent account data?

No, you can save the account id into the publisher data, and the id does not change under the same studio.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.