question

Nikola Serafimovski avatar image
Nikola Serafimovski asked

Is it allowed to use avatar url for custom data?

Hello,

My game does not have the need to use avatar url.

But yesterday I encountered problem, where without writing custom server, I can't retrieve custom data for all the players in a given Leaderboard.

I need custom data for each player, because I want to include player's cosmetics in the leaderboard UI.

Since my game doesn't use avatar url, am I allowed to populate that field with custom string, which then I will deserialize into cosmetics info.

By allowed I am asking if PlayFab rules and terms allow this?

Thank you for your time,

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Sure thing, you may store any custom data in “Avatar Image URL” field as long as you understand that this is a public resource and can be updated by client API.

Though the string size is not specified in Game Manager, if the string length surpasses the limit, the error will be reported: “"The field ImageUrl must be a string with a maximum length of 400”. (limit of 400 is via API, and update through Game Manager will have 200 character limits)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nikola Serafimovski avatar image Nikola Serafimovski commented ·

Thank you, that clarified things I had doubts for.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.