question

Voilamonsieur.com avatar image
Voilamonsieur.com asked

PhotonApplicationNotFound reply after activating photon on a new instance

I've just try on a new instance to install photon, after 24 hours, the api is present but each time I call GetPhotonAuthenticationToken, the result is the error 1040 (PhotonApplicationNotFound), the same code is working on our old server, is there anything more to do ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you re-check the PhotonApplicationId you're passing in? The only way you should see this is if the App ID is incorrect for your title.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Voilamonsieur.com avatar image
Voilamonsieur.com answered

I've checked and something is really wrong, I have 2 instances, 2 differents playfab id and 2 differents photon ids - Everything seems to be mixed. When I try to create a user on instance number 2, if the name already exists on instance 1, the user is considered as already existing. More complicated situation, I can log with an account on instance 2 with the user/password of a player of instance 1 !!!

Is there anything to do from your side, a reset or something like that ?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, let's make sure all the behaviors are understood:

When you sign a player into your title, you've created an account for that player. That account exists at your Publisher ID level. All titles you create in your studio will share that Publisher ID. So if you create a player in one title, you'll be able to sign that player into all your other titles. This is a convenience for titles, to remove as much friction as possible from the player experience. It also means you have a way to know, across all your games, about the individual player's experiences, play patters, etc. You can share data between titles about the player using the Publisher data layer.

Now, for Photon, you have separate App IDs between your games - they're not shared. That's because each game has its own separate Rooms for the players to matchmake into. You should check which App ID you're using in each game, to make sure it matches the one in the Photon page for that specific title. That should take care of the PhotonApplicationNotFound error.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.