question

davistannata avatar image
davistannata asked

PlayFabMultiplayerManager Error Codes

Is there a list of error code PlayFabMultiplayerManager because some of it needs a creation of a new local user (internet DC) and some don't(like the audio input error). I want to properly handle all the errors it can cause with the code.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davistannata avatar image
davistannata answered

Thanks @Citrus Yan, but I found some specific errors that is not listed in the links and was wondering on how to handle these errors as I am confused which error that needs handling or which one is fine to be ignored :

• Code : 4331 Message : an unexpected error code was returned by the PlayFab service
  • Code : 4190 Message : authentication was attempted for a user that is already authenticated
  • Code : 4169 Message : the chat control is already in the specified network
  • Code : 4133 Message : cannot create an endpoint because the limit specified by the network configuration has been reached
  • Code : 4251 Message : the network descriptor is a placeholder that cannot be used on this device at this time
  • Code : 4 Message : invalid argument specified
  • Code : 4295 Message : this device was disconnected from the Party network because it had no authenticated users for an extended period of time
  • Code : 63 Message : failed to establish or maintain a connection to a network or remote peer
  • Code : 4209 Message : the ping to the quality of service beacon timed out
  • Code : 4 Message : invalid argument specified

These have type :PlayFabMultiplayerManagerErrorType.Error

Im using the playfabparty 1.15.0.1 on Unity 2019.1.6f1, Android Build

Right now, I'm calling LeaveNetwork -> CreateLocalUser -> CreateAndJoinNewNetwork if there's an error because it fixes the error code 4098 for me. But rn, I found a lot more error codes when the internet is not stable and I don't know how to handle these errors.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Sorry for delay, just received some feedback from our engineer team regarding this question: Currently Party Unity is still in development, and we'll be updating docs in near future to help developers better understand possible error types and what they mean in order to handle them properly. Right now, as to how to handle these errors is mostly up to you, depending on an error and its description, sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

All the types of errors the PlayFabMultiplayerManager can raise are listed in here: PlayFabMultiplayerManagerErrorType - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. And, regarding troubleshooting Chat related issues, you’d need to use PlayFab Party's chat indicators described in this doc: Troubleshooting Voice Chat - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, please let me know if you have any questions.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.