question

Mohd Hezri Amir avatar image
Mohd Hezri Amir asked

API continues to respond with errorCode:1006 for new user registration

Need help. We are running a cron job to re-register our users who failed to register the first.
This cron picks 1 user at a time every 5 minutes from a list of users that we have flagged with failed registration.

It has been hours now and these folks still getting error 1006 saying their e-mail address existed where as we check the is no record. We can't find any logs that we can investigate further and highly relying on the response we get.

We would really like to know why this is happening and is there anything that we can resolve this?

Request Body
-------------------
{"TitleId":"5263A","CustomTags":{"correlation_id":"123abc","build_number":"1.0.0.1","platform":"iOS","booth_id":"null","sponsor_id":"null"},"DisplayName":"aiman rosli","Email":"aiman@icep.com.my","Username":"ICEP2604","Password":"ICEP2604"}

Request URL
------------------
https://5263A.playfabapi.com/Client/RegisterPlayFabUser

Response received
--------------------------
{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"EmailAddressNotAvailable","errorCode":1006,"errorMessage":"Email address not available","errorDetails":{"Email":["Email address already exists. "]}}

Player DataapisAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I found the player (PlayFabId: 5ED32DC0A59AE5B5) in your title 5263A that may be using the same email address in question as its login email , however, I am not authorized to see such info, could you please take a look? If that’s not the case, and since PlayFab accounts span through all titles in the same studio, do you happen to have other titles that may have registered an account with the very email address in question? You can use Admin/GetUserAccountInfo with the email address in question to check whether it’s already used by other titles. Please let me know if you find anything.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.