question

pieterdhont avatar image
pieterdhont asked

Discoverable session with playfab party

Hi,

We are trying to create a game/application in which a user is able to create a (multiplayer) session, name it, and have other users be able to find it (by name) in a list and join.
The session would be networked through the playfab party system.

If I understand correctly a user could create a "party" get a networkID and if another user would have that networkID they could join and send/receive data.

However I am wondering if there is a way to discover these networkID's (preferable accompanied by a user created name), or to have a cloudscript set up that can save these in a database and retrieve them as a list etc.

But all within Playfab, maybe leveraging the matchmaking system, or the shared group data somehow?
I am just wondering if there is an approved way before I start hacking a solution together ;)

Thanks,
Pieter

datamultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PlayFab Party does not provide a discovery mechanism, however we made it integrates well with any custom or existing discovery systems. This doc showcases some scenario examples for you to consider, wish you find it helpful: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/concepts-discovery

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.