question

subsoap avatar image
subsoap asked

Block multiple HTML5 browser tabs for the same game

There is some discussion on blocking multiple logins on mobile games, but HTML5 has its own issues, such as users being able to open multiple tabs of the same game page. I'm wondering if anyone has done anything clever to prevent users from having multiple tabs open at the same time / force log out of an older tab when a new one connects to the game.

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe you may find more help from HTML5 developer community.

According to my experience, this cannot be implemented easily. A possible workaround is to have all the API access at the backend of web server, and you may have complicated server logic that will block additional requests when a player has entered a game. The HTML5 client will simply interact with your web server, while the data access with PlayFab should be only done by the backend server, which can restrict players’ multiple actions.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

subsoap avatar image subsoap commented ·

I know that PlayFab is designed to be efficient, but in cases like this it does show that having some feature to keep a socket open for active clients for login purposes would be useful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ subsoap commented ·

I suggest you to send a thread on Feature Request forum: https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.