question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Which event type should I use in Rules to store the token of a password recovery email?

I need to save the token of the password recovery email in player internal data but I'm not sure which event type that I should use in Rules. I execute the cloud script function to save the token when the rule is triggered.

Is it possible to only save tokens of password recovery emails? Because with my current rule, it also saves the token of an email that was only sent to verify the new contact email address after the player updated his contact email.

I use the event type com.playfab.auth_token_validated to trigger the rule.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

“com.playfab.auth_token_validated” is the right event for your case, and, you can tell where does the auth token come from by checking its EmailTemplateId (if the auth token was sent via an email template).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.