question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

How do I actually get money for in-game purchases?

Brendan Vanous
started a topic on Fri, 02 January 2015 at 3:52 PM

Question from a developer:

You support in-app (in-game) purchases, but I don?t see where I connect my bank info? How do I actually get money?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 02 January 2015 at 3:58 PM

PlayFab manages all your in-game purchase flow using our Catalog, Store, and Inventory systems, but we are not a payment provider. We support three types of purchases:

Virtual money purchasing, where the player uses some in-game currency to purchase items from the catalog (PurchaseItem).

Secure validation of receipts and delivery of in-game goods, for services which require you to use their commerce system for any real-world purchasing (iOS/iTunes and Google Play).

Secure purchasing via a cart-like process (StartPurchase, PayForPurchase, ConfirmPurchase) using an existing payment provider. Once you have set up your account with that provider, you enter the details of your account (including the Secret Key/Token needed to process the purchase on your behalf) in the PlayFab Game Manager properties page for your game. Right now, we have Steam integration, and we hope to provide PayPal and Amazon purchasing later in 2015.

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 02 January 2015 at 3:58 PM

PlayFab manages all your in-game purchase flow using our Catalog, Store, and Inventory systems, but we are not a payment provider. We support three types of purchases:

Virtual money purchasing, where the player uses some in-game currency to purchase items from the catalog (PurchaseItem).

Secure validation of receipts and delivery of in-game goods, for services which require you to use their commerce system for any real-world purchasing (iOS/iTunes and Google Play).

Secure purchasing via a cart-like process (StartPurchase, PayForPurchase, ConfirmPurchase) using an existing payment provider. Once you have set up your account with that provider, you enter the details of your account (including the Secret Key/Token needed to process the purchase on your behalf) in the PlayFab Game Manager properties page for your game. Right now, we have Steam integration, and we hope to provide PayPal and Amazon purchasing later in 2015.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.