question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

Unauthorized instead of AccountBanned

Hello,

I noticed that error code for banned users has changed. Why? Users are now not being kicked from room.

To reproduce bug:

- authorize

- ban

- try to call any API

- get PlayFabErrorCode.InternalServerError instead of PlayFabErrorCode.AccountBanned

Only if I try to login when ban is active I receive AccountBanned.

Player Data
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Need some clarification on this:

You said in the subject line that "Unauthorized" is now being returned, but the body says "InternalServerError" is being returned. Can you please clarify what specific API call you are making after banning the player, and what the response is from the service?

Also, just to make absolutely sure, what is your code expecting as the response, specifically?

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz brendan commented ·

I've watched more carefully and noticed that if I call any API (add vc or change stats) it returns InternalServerError with ErrorMessage "Unauthorized". Previously it was ServiceUnavailable (not AccountBanned as I said before). Anyway I already made an update to the game and if 1 of this 3 errors is received player is disconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

Can you give us specific repro steps, please? It actually shouldn't be possible to get an Internal Server Error with any defined ErrorMessage (such as "Unauthorized").

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Okay, this has now been fixed. Any call from a banned user (who happens to still have a valid session ticket) will get the AccountBanned error response again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll get this fixed ASAP.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.