question

Fabiano Shiiti Marumo avatar image
Fabiano Shiiti Marumo asked

Bulk Job/schedule tasks limitation

Hello,

I am kinda confused after reading these two topics:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/actions-rules/bulk-actions-for-an-entire-player-segment

In this, it says that we can run a cloudscript for all players from a segment

https://community.playfab.com/questions/11800/what-is-the-processing-rate-of-a-scheduled-task.html

and in this one, it says that it will run only at 10 players per second.

So, this means that if we have more than 10 players to run the task, it will just need more time to run? It will not fail, right?

----

Also, I am worried about my system.

Using schedule task once per day, I want to :

- Get data from Player and Save in Title data as an array.

- After that, I will delete the value / the key-value pair of the player.

According to Playfab limitations, is this system going to work? Or will have any issues?

limitstasksscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Now that we've moved to a consumption model, all titles have the higher limits, so referring to that older post, it would be more like 100 players per second. Bear in mind that's an estimate, and if you're running a script, it'll be down to how long the script takes, since the process is serialized.

But yes, Tasks run until completion - they are not time limited.

As to your design, that's not going to work. Title Data is a sharded and cached data store - it is not designed for frequent updates. Also, each of those reads and writes is going to increment your Profile Read and Write meters, based on how much data is read and written. If you need to aggregate data across your whole player base, we would recommend using a Redis data store.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.