question

Chris B. avatar image
Chris B. asked

getuserdata pulling keys that only contain a string

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way for us to pull keys either by cloudscript or normal api that only start with a certain substring.

Right now, I'm pulling all user data and then having to loop through the keys to see if they start with a certain combo of letters to let me know they are a certain type of data. I'd rather not pull all user data if possible (think it will save on both ends) if I could just figure a way to only return keys that start with the special substring to let me know they are what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not currently, but that's an interesting notion. Right now, reading a Key from User, Title, or Shared Group Data comes down to specifying the correct ID, so that you can get to it. A "wildcard" search would be more expensive, but it's not impossible. I'll add a backlog item for the engineering team to look into what would be required. I'd recommend adding this to our Feature Requests forum if you want others to vote on it, as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.