question

adamczibere avatar image
adamczibere asked

Invalid Input parameter for valid e-mail address

Hey! It seems like PlayFabClientAPI.AddUsernamePassword returns "Invalid Input parameter", when either the username or the first part of the e-mail address contains a dot (e.q. john.doe@email.com). I didn't find such a restriction in the documentation, is it a bug? I am trying to call this from a Unity project.

apisunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The dot symbol in username is not allowed, it's required to be alphanumeric (A to Z - upper or lower - and 0-9). Please refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/5371/legal-characters-for-usernames.html

However, according to my test, using the dot symbol in the first part of email in PlayFabClientAPI.AddUsernamePassword reproduces no issue. Could you please use a legal username and test again? If it still reproduces the error, please let me know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adamczibere avatar image
adamczibere answered

Sorry, you are right, I made a mistake while testing, seems like removing the dot from the user name solves the problem.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.