question

Carl Winder avatar image
Carl Winder asked

PlayFab Party - Unreal Replication

I have PlayFab Party integrated into Unreal, and now I want to use replication.

Would I have to create my own online subsystem for PlayFab Party to work with replication?

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Do you mean that you want to use PlayFab Party as the networking solution for replications in Unreal? In that case, since I am not expert of implementing Unreal Replications, and here are all the feature of PlayFab Party we provide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/party-features, you can take a look and decide how & whether to integrate it with UE replications.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carl Winder avatar image Carl Winder commented ·

@Citrus Yan Yes, I cyurrently use Playfab party as the networking solution, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way of hooking that into the Unreal replication system?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Carl Winder commented ·

Sorry, I am not a expert on the Unreal replication system hence cannot give you any insights on this, you may find help from Unreal experts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Aphix avatar image
Aphix answered

As long as you are running the party system via the server, all party stuff should be easy to replicate. Can you provide an example of what you would need replication for?

2 comments
10 |1200

Carl Winder avatar image Carl Winder commented ·

Let's say I spawn an actor on the server, I want that replicated to all the clients. Or a client moves, I then want that movement replicated to everyone but keep the person hosting as authoritive.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Carl Winder commented ·

I don't think Party natively supports it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.