question

Steven White avatar image
Steven White asked

Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

Hello,

I'm having an issue of getting pass the Steam 102 error, I've followed so many forum posts and tried a number of the suggested solutions to no avail.

- Everything is filled out and activated in the GameManager

- I've cleared everything, saved, disconnected and reconnected
- Turned off and on test payments
- Waited a Hour
- reset - waited days

- Check the webapi without playfab (everything works)
- Copied and pasted the id/webapi from the gamemanager to make sure I didn't typo anything

- worked fine outside of playfab

I'm at a total loss on what to do at this point, suggestions, help?

apissupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steven White avatar image
Steven White answered

The error was on my end completely, there was another copy of the steam_appid.txt in the project and apparently that caused some wonkiness!

S/O to Franklin for the help.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Thank you for sharing the solution, glad to help you:)

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

To everyone if you have the similar issue, if you are indeed using Steamworks.NET, please double check the location of steam_appid.txt file, it MUST be placed at the root folder of your Unity project, otherwise the right app id won’t be set. Replace the App ID with your own. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/platform-specific-authentication/steam-unity#setting-up-a-unity-project

0 Likes 0 ·
Brett Unzaga avatar image
Brett Unzaga answered

I ran into this error, and it was because I had the name of the project different than the one listed in Steam. Once I renamed my local Unity project to the same name as the game on Steam, it worked.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.