question

Sergey Yakovlev avatar image
Sergey Yakovlev asked

Does Google Play integration through OAuth actually work given that they do not approve playfab domains?

Google requires OAuth consent screen in the application to be configured to function.

It automatically grabs domains from Linked Apps Web API config of Playfab.

In support emails they seem to ignore my links to your documentation and insist on deleting OAuth config for PlayFab

Any comments on how to actually proceed with this?

apisunity3dandroid
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sergey Yakovlev avatar image Sergey Yakovlev commented ·

pictures disappeared in the main post.

0 Likes 0 ·

Images missing from the question

0 Likes 0 ·
oauth1.jpg (38.0 KiB)
oauth2.jpg (168.7 KiB)
Sergey Yakovlev avatar image
Sergey Yakovlev answered

Good news!

1 - I was able to get approval from Google after pointing their support to your guide a few times.

2 - It was not the problem I had with Google Authentication. It was with their API credentials. I had to add one with their public sign key SHA-1 to the OAuth Client IDs in addition to what they ask to do in their instructions (add one from the local keystore). Google's documentation is terrible. Your guide on Google+Playfab integration is pretty good.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

developers avatar image developers commented ·

Hi ! I hope, somehow, you will see my reply as I am facing the same issue.

Going into production (out of internal testing), they are asking to delete the playfab domains.

If I understood correctly, I need to add within the "API and services" section, another 2.0 OAuth client ID" using a public SHA-1 key, right ?

But where do I find such key ? Is it one from google ? From playfab ? Somewhere in between ?

0 Likes 0 ·
googleapi.jpg (365.0 KiB)
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to the email you have provided, may I ask are you trying to delete anything on your Google configuration?

In addition, may I ask why do you want to delete those url? Based on our knowledge, the Authorized redirect URIs along with Authorized JavaScript origins normally won't affect your use of application.

4 comments
10 |1200

I personally do not want to delete anything on Google configuration. It's Google admins who want me to delete those domains in case I do not own them in order to approve my OAuth consent screen. Unfortunately I can't delete those until I delete Linked Web Application for PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Sergey Yakovlev commented ·

Can you still use Google login in PlayFab? If it works fine, you may ignore the email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sergey Yakovlev avatar image Sergey Yakovlev Seth Du ♦ commented ·

No, I can not use Google Login in PlayFab. Although I'm not sure of a reason for that. So I googled that lack of proper OAuth Consent Screen settings might be the cause of "Authentication Canceled". Unfortunately, Google's errors are not very specific.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.