question

laggyluk avatar image
laggyluk asked

UE4 dedicated server using blueprints

I got the client side working with little login and registration screen so that's fine.

Now, on the server side do I need to call something once server is ready to go?

Documentation mentions in several places that server should call ReadyForPlayers at some point but all the examples are for c++ (except for example project on github which seems to only test few client side methods)

Does the plugin handle it some point or should I base my GameMode on c++ class and do it there?

The MockVmAgent starts the server but stops at 'Waiting for heartbeats from the game server.....'

unreal
stuck.png (175.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

“Waiting for heartbeats from the game server.....” indicates that the GSDK is not integrated properly. There is no GSDK in blueprint, please follow this document: Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unreal Engine 4 to integrate GSDK in C++ first. Please also refer to this document: Setting Up Dedicated Servers to setup the UE dedicated server.

You mentioned the plugin, could you specify which plugin you are using?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

laggyluk avatar image laggyluk commented ·

ok, thanks for clearing it up. I'm using UnrealMarketplacePlugin 4.25 from github

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ laggyluk commented ·

The UnrealMarketplacePlugin does not include GSDK. Please follow the document above to download and integrate GSDK to your project.

0 Likes 0 ·
laggyluk avatar image laggyluk Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Figured that much from your answer. I've integrated it and currently testing with MockVmAgent container, so far so good.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.