question

Edward Richardson avatar image
Edward Richardson asked

Retrieving player data using party Entity ID

I seem to have run into some weird limitation and I can't figure a sane way around it. I'm storing a player's platform in their read only player data when they login, I'm then using this to show if they are a crossplatform player or not and setup chat rules, however I can't seem to figure out how to get another player to retrieve this data. Parties only provide Entity IDs (i.e through something like chatControl->GetEntityId()), and using this doesn't seem to be able to retrieve data, either through a cloudscript or directly with PlayFabClientAPI::GetUserReadOnlyData, as this instead expects the users PlayFabID (trying to use the EntityID returns an error message master_player_account X not found in namespace Y.)

I don't seem to see any way of retrieving a PlayFabID, is there something I missed or another way I could retrieve readonly user data using the EntityID?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

According to this document, the EntityID corresponds to a player‘s title account id and the PlayFabId corresponds to a player’s master account id. With EntityID, the PlayFabId could be obtained using GetProfile API. In the response, the PlayFabId could be found as Profile.Lineage.MasterPlayerAccountId.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.