question

sinitbu avatar image
sinitbu asked

How to calculate cost with PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions

Hi playfab team. I have some question about cost. How to calculate cost when I call execute cloud script that I register Azure Functions? Do you calculate cost at playfab and Azure Functions or just playfab only? Cloud you explain please?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

As per this section in the doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters#cloudscript, and I quote:

Total Executions - CloudScript executions include ExecuteFunction API calls, actions & rules, and scheduled tasks. Total executions are metered based on the total number of these CloudScript executions that are processed by PlayFab. For more information about these executions, see Server-Side Cloud Script - Execution Function, Actions & Rules, and Scheduled Tasks.”

That being said, in addition to the cost charged by Azure Functions, PlayFab also charges the number of calls ( Total Executions ) made to Azure Functions via ExecuteFunction API calls, actions & rules, and scheduled tasks, which is a minor cost about $0.20 per additional million executions. This makes sense since it does require PlayFab to do some work, such as passing the context to AF, keeping a socket connection open for AF results, etc.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.