question

Amitai Mazliah avatar image
Amitai Mazliah asked

matchmaking + local agent server

Hi all

I have a question regarding integrating playfab matchmaking with playfab multiplayer server.

I have a working matchmaking flow but so far I haven't enabled the multiplayer server of playfab,

I'm using the local agent to test the server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab

I'm wondering if it's possible to integrate the matchmaking with the local agent?

if so is there documentation about it? or example project?

thanks in advance

apismultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Usually the matchmaking process allocates a game server according to the queue’s config. Integrating matchmaking with local server, including spinning server instances, returning server ips & ports back to the Matchmaking flow, etc., is rather complex. It is better to test matchmaking and local multiplayer server separately, then deploy the build on PlayFab.

The information passed to the game server from matchmaking process contains:

• SessionId - The SessionId for the server will be equal to the MatchId for the match.
  • InitialPlayers - This value is set to the list of members in the match. The list of players can be read in the game by using the GSDK.

Following this document: Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab, there should be a MultiplayerSettings.json file in the local debugging toolset. The parameters that matchmaking passes to the server can be modified in “SessionConfig” property of this file to test the local server. This helps you debug your local server in the same context as the one allocated by Matchmaking on the cloud.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.