question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

Matchmaking with server 2.0

Hi.

I recently switched to Server 2.0. I use matchmaking for player selection.
My server can accommodate from 2 to 12 players.

To select other players on the server, I use "CreateServerBackfillTicket".
I read a lot of information about this and realized that I 1 "BackfillTicket" can only invite 1 new player to the server.
And there is a limit of 5 tickets per minute.
This is very sad, because players will not wait for a few minutes until there are 12 players to start the game.
Please tell me if there are any workarounds for this?
Can I ask PlayFab to increase the limit to 12 tickets per minute?

Thanks.

sdksunrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> Please tell me if there are any workarounds for this?

One “ServerBackfillTicket” can match with multiplayer players. It depends on the minimum match size you set in the matchmaking queue. For example, when the minimum match size is “12”, and you create a server backfill ticket that contains 1 member. This server backfill ticket would match with the 11 players. So, the possible workaround is to create a queue whose minimum match size is “12”, use this queue to do the server backfill matchmaking.

>> Can I ask PlayFab to increase the limit to 12 tickets per minute?

[Edited] If your account is in the Premium Plan, you can try to navigate to [Game Manager]->[(?)]->[Contact Us] to submit a support ticket to request the limit upgrades.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nikita Matusevich avatar image Nikita Matusevich commented ·

The first approach will not work, because there may not be 12 players in the queue due to low online, but only, say, 6 players, but the game will not start until there are 12 players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Nikita Matusevich commented ·

For the clarification, only the account in the Premium Plan can submit the ticket to request the limit upgrades. Apologies for the confusion.

Currently, there is no workaround to upgrade the count of matchmaking tickets per minutes.

For your situation, you can consider referring to this configuration example -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/config-examples#expansion-of-number-of-players-over-time to modify the MinOverrides of the queue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.