question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How does an admin of group get Player Data (Title) of members?

Dear Team,

I am trying to make the group and admin can get and read player data of members in the group. Could you tell me how does an admin of group get Player Data (Title) of members?

Thank you so much.

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently, there is no single API can achieve this. It is not recommended but you will need to get the list of players via ListGroupMembers API call and then iteratively call additional APIs GetUserData. May I ask what is the scenario?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Hi @SethDu: Thank you for your answers. I am trying to get Player Data Title of each member in the group as the method below:

- Using PlayFabProfilesAPI.GetProfile() to get MasterPlayerAccountId (Playfab ID) of each member.

- Admin of group will execute the Azure CloudScript Function with the Function Parameters: Playfab ID and Data Key.

- In the Azure Function, adminAPI.GetUserData() is used to get Player Data Title as the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/admin/player-data-management/getuserdata?view=playfab-rest#userdatarecord

How do you think about this method?

Thank you so much again!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Darius Vu commented ·

It should work fine. Please also note that it is necessary to cache a local copy of a list of members on the client, and the local data is updated once a while so that when you try to get the player data, you may skip the first step.

1 Like 1 ·
Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thank you for the advice! This is perfect! I will take care about that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.